|Inclusion Criteria||Exclusion Criteria|
• Post-menopausal women, >52 weeks of amenorrhea and a serum oestradiol of 0-120pmol/L and an FSH of >20 IU/L|
• Lateral hip pain reproduction in 3 of 5 pain provocation tests (Trendelenburg test, palpation of the greater trochanter, FABER, resisted external derotation test, modified resisted external derotation test)
• Have sufficient English skills to be able to read and understand the information and consent form due to the risks involved with participating in the study.
• Known adverse reaction to any form of hormone therapy|
• Use of any form of female hormone supplementation within the last 12 weeks
• Display high risk factors for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) using the Wells score system  and/or pulmonary embolism (PE).
• Current smoker
• History of stroke, severe menstrual migraine, endometrial sarcoma, breast cancer, severe hyperlipidaemia, chronic liver disease, thyroid disease, lupus, hysterectomy and oophorectomy
• HbA1c >8 %
• Current cholecystitis, fibroids or undiagnosed abnormal uterine bleeding
• Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), analogous blood injection (ABI) or corticosteroid injection into the hip region in the last 12 weeks
• History of hip trauma or surgery on the affected side
• Any other musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiorespiratory condition/s affecting their ability to participate in the study.